In CR4YR Primary session 4, we will review the topics explored in the first three sessions and consider how understanding of theory can transform itself into meaningful practice in our classrooms.
Using the model of teacher inquiry participants in CR4YR Primary session 4 will explore questions such as:
- How does my new knowledge change my thinking about struggling readers?
- What role do learner engagement and self-regulation play in teaching reading?
- How has my understanding of the Universal Design for Learning changed?
- What do we mean by indigenizing the literacy curriculum?
- What are the differences and common features of universal, targeted and intensive approaches to literacy instruction and assessment ?
- What are some assessment tools that can be used effectively in the primary classroom?